Public Outreach + Education:
The primary purpose of the Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District (OCMVCD) is to promote public health by preventing and controlling the spread of vector-borne diseases within Orange County. The District participates in community events and provides educational information to residents on how they can participate and assist in the shared responsibility of vector control.
We will continue to serve and educate the public. The District will now be offering mosquito webinars to community groups via Zoom.
Our communications staff will be offering webinars that discuss:
- The different species of mosquitoes in Orange County
- The geographical locations of mosquitoes in the county
- West Nile virus, Zika, yellow fever and dengue
- The importance of eliminating standing water
- The preventative measure we can all take to prevent mosquito-borne diseases
To request an in-person or webinar presentation, please fill out the form below.